Work With Us
FirstFleet is proud to employ the best drivers in the country, and we are always seeking to add dedicated drivers for our family. FirstFleet has been serving the transportation industry since 1986 and offers the following unique positives in the transportation field:
- Privately owned dedicated contract carrier operating locations in 30 states
- Opportunity to be home daily, every few days, or weekly
- Make up to $65,000 per year
- Over 1,800 Tractors for moves including local, regional and over the road runs
- Some jobs include light unloading duties for additional income
- Customer focused with customers in the food and beverage industry
- Industry leader in maintaining high CSA scores
Benefits & Compensation
Our goal is to acquire and retain the best workforce in the industry. One way we accomplish this is by offering excellent compensation and benefits packages. We operate late model, well maintained, driver assigned equipment, and strive to provide our drivers with routes that fit their family and lifestyle. Home time varies by service facility but generally leads the competition.In addition, we offer the following benefits:
- Quarterly safety and fuel efficiency bonus program for full-time drivers
- Paid vacations based on length of service and available after one year of service
- Holiday bonus pay program
- Weekly direct deposit
- Health Benefits – Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Extensive BlueCard PPO Network
- Wellness services to maintain good health
- Prescription benefits
- Life insurance for employee and dependents through Reliance Standard Life, hearing benefits through HearUSA and a smoking cessation program through QuitNet when enrolled in Blue Cross Blue Shield plan
- Vision Benefits - Vision Service Plan (VSP)
- Life &Disability Insurance
- Additional Life Insurance for employee and spouse available through Reliance Standard Life.
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Dental Benefits – Guardian Dental
- Two unique plans
- Orthodontic benefits to dependents age 19 and under
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Healthcare &Dependent Care)
- Furnished Uniform Program
- Must possess a Class A CDL from the state of residence.
- Must have two years verifiable experience.
- Must have no chargeable D.O.T. reportable accidents within the past three years.
- Driving/Safety record must meet FirstFleet minimum requirements.
- No felony convictions within past 7 years.
- No DUI/DWI, drug or alcohol related convictions within past 5 years.
- No careless or reckless driving convictions within past 5 years.
- The applicant must have the ability to read, write, and communicate in English, and have the ability to understand the policies and regulations of FirstFleet, the Department of Transportation, and the various state and federal agencies which regulate the transportation industry.
- Must submit a completed application form addressing each area of the form.
- Must be physically able to perform the essential functions of the position they are applying for, with or without accommodation.
NOTE: An accident is considered to be a DOT Recordable accident if any of the following conditions exist:
- Fatality or bodily injury requiring medical treatment away from the scene.
- One or more vehicles are towed from the scene of the accident.
NOTE: Except as mandated by FMCSA regulations, a criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant solely because the person has been convicted of a crime. We will conduct an individualized assessment and evaluate whether the conviction disqualifies the applicant. Although prior convictions or pleas may not automatically disqualify you from consideration, failure to disclose a conviction that has not been lawfully expunged will constitute falsification of your application and will disqualify you from employment.
All applications which meet First Fleet’s minimum hiring requirements, and for which there are positions available,will be processed and a complete background investigation will be conducted. This investigation will include verificationof past and present employment, a current MVR for all states in which applicant has held a license, as well as criminaland credit reports. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the applicant successfully completing a DOT physical,physical abilities testing, a DOT drug screen and a driving test.